The Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox is the first device of a new Xbox program dubbed the Designed for Xbox Limited Series program.
The program seeks to bring premium product quality and design as well as bespoke experiences to Xbox fans. It will also boast custom-made feature sets designed for Xbox, Microsoft says.
Devices produced for the program will be marked by a Designed for Xbox Limited Series badge on the lower right-hand corner of the packaging box.
Beoplay Portal headset specifications & price
The Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal wireless headphones for Xbox will be available in black anthracite, grey mist and navy brass colours. It will retail for USD$499 with the black anthracite available immediately in select markets. You can pre-order the other colours and they will be available in May. For those in the UK, it will be available on the 29th of April at £449.
The headphone is designed by Jakob Wagner in partnership with Bang & Olufsen’s design team. It is said to be extremely light in weight at 282 grams. It sports lambskin ear cushions with built-in jaw support, calfskin leather on the exterior and aluminium earcups.
The earcups have capacitive touch controls for easy access to volume and game/chat balance. Swipe up or down on the back of the earcup to adjust volume on the right and game/chat balance on the left. A quick double-tap mutes your microphone, and another brings you back to chat. When using Bluetooth, a quick adjustment in the app allows the left ear cup to control ANC and own-voice balance.
The Beoplay Portal supports up to 12 hours of playtime with Xbox wireless, Bluetooth and active noise cancelling. However, it supports up to 24 hours of playtime with Bluetooth and active noise cancelling. It comes with a pre-activated Dolby Atmos for Headphones service. It is compatible with Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, PC, and mobile devices.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- BookFun 11, Intel and GEEKOM launch professional gaming laptop
- New Infinix INBOOK X2 laptop launches with ultra-thin body
- Microsoft is set to acquire Activision Blizzard at $68.7 billion and become the world’s third-largest gaming company
- TravelMate B3 and TravelMate Spin B3, Acer announces new Windows 11 laptops for education
- Turn your mobile phone into a fully automated cameraman with Blink Focos
- Doogee V20, date de lancement et prix révélés
- Doogee V20’s launch date and price finally revealed
- TCL BOOK 14 Go, TCL introduces $349 laptop
- Dell XPS 13 Plus (9320) laptop, full device specification and price
- Targus announces EcoSmart backpack with built-in Apple ‘Find My’ technology