Digital TV operator, StarTimes, will distribute MUTV to subscribers in over 30 countries across sub-Saharan African. Viewers in countries including Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Ghana will receive exclusive Manchester United content 24 hours-a-day via StarTimes platforms.
Manchester United fans will be able to watch first and Academy team games, live manager’s press conferences, player interviews, documentaries and news on the clubs TV channel.
We are proud to have hundreds of millions of passionate fans in Africa says Phil Lynch, Chief Executive of Media, Manchester United, speaking about the partnership.
“This long-term agreement will allow them to get closer to the club through MUTV’s exclusive, round-the-clock content from Old Trafford and the AON Training Complex.”Phil Lynch
“MUTV is one of our most important channels for engaging with fans around the world, whether through linear or direct-to-consumer streaming platforms, and we are excited to be significantly increasing its reach through our new partner, StarTimes, in Africa.”
Manchester United is one of the most iconic football clubs in the world, notes Kristen Miao, Sports Deputy Director, StarTimes. “We are delighted to share MUTV with football fans across Africa as part as our commitment to enhancing our subscribers’ experience.”
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021