Registration for Microsoft Ignite 2021 is opened and it will be a free digital-only event. It will be in the form of a 48 hour long virtual event available across all the time zones. The event will start from 4 PM GMT, 7 PM EAT, 6 PM SAT, March 2nd to March 4th 2021.
The event will have both live segments such as the keynotes and Q&A as well as already recorded content sessions.
To enjoy a total conference experience Microsoft advises you register as most sessions will require you to sign in. Registration will give you the ability to schedule your viewing events or sessions. It is also required to access the full learning experience including session content, attendee networking, and participation in the Cloud Skills Challenge. Others include featured sessions, deep-dives, learning and the connection zone.
However, sessions covered on the hero video such as the keynotes will not require you to be registered.
Featured speakers for the event include Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO, Jared Spataro, CVP Microsoft 365, Mitra Azizirad, CVP, Microsoft AI and Innovation Marketing, Scott Hanselman, Partner Program Manager.
Click here to register and visit the Microsoft Ignite 2021 digital event page for more details.
Microsoft Ignite 2021 mixed reality experience
Microsoft is introducing a VR/AR experience at Ignite 2021. You can watch the keynote sessions using your mixed reality device. To do this, download AltspaceVR from the Windows Store, Steam Library, and Oculus Stores for Rift/Rift-S and Quest/Quest2. Launch the app and create an account through the Microsoft Account option (only Microsoft-linked accounts will have access to the event). The keynote session will appear in the main menu on the day of the event.
Last year Microsoft announced after Ignite 2020 in September that a digital event will take place in March 2021 and will showcase the latest technical announcements from Microsoft and Microsoft partners. The company also plans to host only digital events till July 2021.
Update February 24, 2021 3:15 PM: Added details on the introduction of a mixed reality keynote experience coming to Microsoft Ignite March digital event.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream