Microsoft is announcing a software engineer apprenticeship cohort scheduled to take place in Nairobi, Kenya, through its LEAP apprenticeship program.
Are you a software engineer looking to learn and upscale your talent? Then read on. If this cohort isn’t a fit for you kindly recommend this to anyone who it might be, thank you.
The Microsoft LEAP apprenticeship program is a sixteen-week modern engineering acceleration apprenticeship program focused on inspiring and developing new and diverse talent.
Through five-weeks of technical and non-technical learning instructor-led classes and labs. Ten-weeks of engineering project with an immersion with a Microsoft product team. This is usually with the Microsoft team sponsoring the program. Mentors and leads are assigned during this period.
Then a one-week project fair where participants will showcase their engineering project. Hiring managers are present during the presentations to see your body of work and possible interview that can lead to a hire or job offer.
This particular call is for senior software engineers with about eight years of professional programming or technical experience.
The ideal software engineer candidate should be authorized to work in Kenya for the duration of the program as Microsoft is not offering relocation. Basically Kenyan citizens.
The application portal is opened till 12am UTC on February 9th. The cohort will start on March 15th and will be virtual.
kindly click here for more information on how to proceed with applying to participate in the cohort. If you don’t but know someone who might be a good fit kindly share this with them, Ahsante sana.
The LEAP program has various pathways for varying levels that get announced from time to time, so don’t forget to subscribe to get these details as they come in.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Software engineer apprenticeship program with Microsoft, Kenya
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- Apply! Microsoft opens application for the next cohort of LEAP program in Kenya
- Microsoft LEAP Apprenticeship program 2nd cohort kicks off in Nigeria
- Microsoft opens application for 2nd cohort of LEAP Engineering Acceleration Program in Nigeria, Apply!
- Microsoft launch first LEAP Program cohort in Nigeria
- Connecting and Inspiring Women in Technology; Microsoft LEAP Hackathon
- University of Nairobi student shares Microsoft LEAP Hackathon 2019 Nairobi event experience
- Nigerian software developer shares her experience at the Microsoft LEAP Hackathon
- Female Developer in Kenya or Nigeria? Participate in the Microsoft LEAP Hackathon 2019