Amazon, Software engineer and Teaching have emerged as the top trending employer, job and skill respectively in South Africa.
This is according to data from Microsoft’s LinkedIn Economic Graph. Which Microsoft believes can help policymakers make informed decisions and chart new paths to economic opportunity.
Multinational technology company Amazon, Webhelp, OUTsurance, Old Mutual and the University of Cape Town make the top five in the top trending employer’s category.
In the top trending jobs category, software engineer, project manager, attorney, financial advisor and sales executive make the top five.
The top trending skills across all industries in South Africa were teaching, financial accounting, financial reporting, project planning and sales management.
Microsoft uses global data of about seven hundred and twenty-two million LinkedIn members, fifty-five million companies and twenty-four million jobs to track workforce trends.
With this data, Microsoft is able to predict future in-demand jobs and skills.
However, the data from the Microsoft LinkedIn economic graph doesn’t mention the specific number from which the South Africa insights were drawn.
The insights are taken from LinkedIn users in Cape Town and Johannesburg and from about ten industries. Such as legal, public administration, education, corporate services, real estate, finance and software and IT services.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region below.
- Microsoft appoints Salima Amira as Country Manager for Morocco
- Windows 11 leak shows the new Start menu
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft to establish the African Digital Foundry
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies opens first Innovation and Digital Skills Centre in Mthatha, South Africa
- Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- itel ABLE 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- Microsoft announces winners of the Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge 2021
- What’s next for Xbox? Here is what is new and coming in the future to Gaming at Microsoft
- Future Ni Digital skills program kicks off in Kariobangi
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go and Galaxy Book Go 5G specs, price, availability date