Amazon, Software engineer and Teaching have emerged as the top trending employer, job and skill respectively in South Africa.
This is according to data from Microsoft’s LinkedIn Economic Graph. Which Microsoft believes can help policymakers make informed decisions and chart new paths to economic opportunity.
Multinational technology company Amazon, Webhelp, OUTsurance, Old Mutual and the University of Cape Town make the top five in the top trending employer’s category.
In the top trending jobs category, software engineer, project manager, attorney, financial advisor and sales executive make the top five.
The top trending skills across all industries in South Africa were teaching, financial accounting, financial reporting, project planning and sales management.
Microsoft uses global data of about seven hundred and twenty-two million LinkedIn members, fifty-five million companies and twenty-four million jobs to track workforce trends.
With this data, Microsoft is able to predict future in-demand jobs and skills.
However, the data from the Microsoft LinkedIn economic graph doesn’t mention the specific number from which the South Africa insights were drawn.
The insights are taken from LinkedIn users in Cape Town and Johannesburg and from about ten industries. Such as legal, public administration, education, corporate services, real estate, finance and software and IT services.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region below.
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021