The youth in Ekiti State, Nigeria, will benefit from a new collaboration between the state government and Microsoft Nigeria.
The partnership will see the youth acquire new digital skills, get certified and become employable.
Ekiti State Government will also invest about two hundred thousand dollars in two thousand participants with free vouchers to earn an industry-recognized Microsoft IT certificate.
The initiative is in tandem with Microsoft’s global skills initiative. Which plans to have about twenty-five million people gain new digital skills worldwide by March 2021.
The government notes the initiative is geared at the unemployed and underemployed. And part of the governor’s actions to mitigate the economic impact of covid-19.
Learners will have the opportunity to skill up in ten learning paths. Microsoft projects these as the in-demand jobs of the future with livable wages.
The government is also working with three local hubs; GoGlobal Hub, Glimpse Solutions and Christore Hub in the initiative. These hubs will confirm competition of the selected course and issue participant with the certification exams voucher.
Here’s what to know to participate in the digital skills program.
Firstly, you’ll need to be a resident of Ekiti State to be eligible to participate in the program.
Secondly, you’ll need to have access to the internet and a device to complete the lessons.
Thirdly, you’ll need to register on the program website. Select a course to study and a hub for post training verification.
Once you have completed all the learning modules, you will download and print the issued certificate of completion. Present this at the hub to get a voucher to pay for the Microsoft certification exams. You will have about two weeks to take the exams.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream