Microsoft UAE is showcasing how it supports sustainable farming with AI and IoT at 40th GITEX Technology Week in Dubai.
Using AI, Edge and IoT, Microsoft’s agricultural solution FarmBeats built on Azure enables data-driven farming to maximize agricultural output.
This data-driven farming entails using data visualizations, analytics and machine learning. The results; it creates automated recommendations on water usage and soil quality. That the company notes help during challenging conditions.
This is part of Microsoft’s AI for good global initiative to support sustainable farming practices and contribute to food security.
Located at H6-D20, Hall 6, a Microsoft Hub has been set up to offer attendees an opportunity to discover and experience Microsoft technology and innovations.
Microsoft notes that governments are now reimagining a more positive world. As such the company is investing alongside them into critical technological infrastructure to solve pressing challenges.
Speaking to the media, Sayed Hashish, General Manager, Microsoft UAE notes there will be a need to feed nine to ten billion people by 2050. “This will require a significant increase in food production. However, there is a limited amount of additional arable land, and water levels have also been receding. Cloud technology may prove crucial to address this agricultural challenge,” he continues.
- BookFun 11, Intel and GEEKOM launch professional gaming laptop
- New Infinix INBOOK X2 laptop launches with ultra-thin body
- Microsoft is set to acquire Activision Blizzard at $68.7 billion and become the world’s third-largest gaming company
- TravelMate B3 and TravelMate Spin B3, Acer announces new Windows 11 laptops for education
- Turn your mobile phone into a fully automated cameraman with Blink Focos
- Doogee V20, date de lancement et prix révélés
- Doogee V20’s launch date and price finally revealed
- TCL BOOK 14 Go, TCL introduces $349 laptop
- Dell XPS 13 Plus (9320) laptop, full device specification and price
- Targus announces EcoSmart backpack with built-in Apple ‘Find My’ technology
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, price and device specifications
- OPPO introduces Find N foldable phone and Air Glass aR device