Microsoft is announcing the release of the Microsoft Edge Dev Insider channel for Linux. The Microsoft Edge Linux preview build will support Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and OpenSUSE distributions.
The company announced it was bringing Microsoft Edge to Linux in May at Microsoft Build.
With this release, Microsoft is looking at two Linux customer categories. The Linux enthusiasts asking for Microsoft Edge and web developers for test automation.
This is to provide a representative experience for developers who want to build and test their sites and apps on Linux, notes Kyle Pflug, Microsoft Principal Program Manager Lead, Developer Experiences.
We’re particularly excited to offer web developers the same consistent and powerful web platform and developer tools. As on macOS or Windows, so you can build and test in your preferred environment and be confident in the experience your customers will have on other devices.
You can download the Microsoft Edge Linux preview build for your repository from the Microsoft Edge Insider site. Or install it directly from the Microsoft Linux Software Repository.
Watch Microsoft Program Manager, Sean Larkin, talk about the availability of the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel for Linux.
Linux fan? Are you excited about this announcement? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
- BookFun 11, Intel and GEEKOM launch professional gaming laptop
- New Infinix INBOOK X2 laptop launches with ultra-thin body
- Microsoft is set to acquire Activision Blizzard at $68.7 billion and become the world’s third-largest gaming company
- TravelMate B3 and TravelMate Spin B3, Acer announces new Windows 11 laptops for education
- Turn your mobile phone into a fully automated cameraman with Blink Focos
- Doogee V20, date de lancement et prix révélés
- Doogee V20’s launch date and price finally revealed
- TCL BOOK 14 Go, TCL introduces $349 laptop
- Dell XPS 13 Plus (9320) laptop, full device specification and price
- Targus announces EcoSmart backpack with built-in Apple ‘Find My’ technology
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, price and device specifications
- OPPO introduces Find N foldable phone and Air Glass aR device