Microsoft is collaborating with Social Change Factory to launch a digital skills initiative in Senegal.
Through the partnership Social change is offering free access to learning content, recognized Microsoft certification and professional opportunities.
This is part of Microsoft’s Global Skills Initiative programme to help twenty-five million people worldwide acquire digital skills. By giving learners access to learning resources across Microsoft and its subsidiary companies, LinkedIn and GitHub.
The resources include free access to learning paths and content to help learners develop the skills these positions require. As well as low-cost certifications and free job-seeking tools to help learners pursue new jobs.
The initiative will help young job seekers acquire competencies and get certified, notes Yacine Barro, Microsoft West and Central Africa Country Manager during the launch event.
As an immediate response, this initiative consists of helping individual young job seekers to acquire competencies and get certified on them; ensuring they gain the right skills, knowledge, and opportunity to succeed in the post-pandemic world.Yacine Barro
Microsoft and Social Change Factory will provide free access to learning content from LinkedIn Learning, GitHub and Microsoft Learn. Access to low-cost test that provides industry-recognized certifications. And free connections to LinkedIn Employability tools such as networking and job search tools, coaches and mentorships opportunities.
Yaccine also thanks Social Change Factory for helping drive the skills initiative in Senegal.
To learn more and participate in the Microsoft Global skills initiative click to visit the Social Change Factory website.
Pour formez-vous et obtenez une certification Microsoft Global Skills initiative cliquez ici.
Check out other stories making the news in the region.
- Microsoft inaugurates $105 million state of the art Israel campus
- Microsoft releases Edge preview build for Linux, supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE
- Five Microsoft fundamentals and eight role-based certifications discounted at $15
- Microsoft partners with Social Change Factory to launch skills initiative in Senegal
- Rwanda Coding Academy gets grant boost to develop world-class programmers
- Facebook, Creatives Garage support Kenya creative industry with new platform
- $8000, Microsoft announces safe@home hackathon winners
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 available in South Africa, retails R8,999
- Cutting-edge technology can drive Africa towards a food-secure future
- $72K, African App Launchpad Cup 2020 competition
- Software engineer recruitment process at the Microsoft Africa Development center
- Jack Dorsey to Keynote at Africa Fintech Summit 2020