Facebook is partnering with Creatives Garage to launch a platform where Kenyan creatives can amplify their work and inspire others. This is part of efforts from Facebook to highlight the successes of people.
The partnership will also see creatives in Kenya receive training on audience engagement and monetizing of content on Facebook.
The partnership launches with the #RealpeopleRealstories campaign that will run till December 16th 2020.
Through the #RealpeopleRealstories campaign, Facebook will showcase stories of ordinary people using creativity and innovation to inspire their communities. The campaign will also highlight how Facebook and Instagram help people stay connected and pursue goals that build communities.
At Facebook, we support and invest in various communities across the continent notes Janet Kembo, Facebook Communications Manager for Eastern Africa. One of our key roles is investing and supporting African youth with diverse creative talent, she continues.
#RealpeopleRealstories aims to encourage people to share their experiences and motivate others to find solutions to everyday challenges. We are delighted to work with Creatives Garage to amplify the untold stories of ordinary people who are inspiring their communities through their work.”Janet Kembo
Now more than ever, creatives need innovative ways to share content that could provide sustainable income streams. Notes Liz Kilili, Creatives Garage Founder and Managing Director, talking about the partnership and initiative.
- Manchester United fans in Africa will get access to MUTV in new partnership with StarTimes
- Opera launches chat service ‘Hype’ in Kenya
- CSPs must transform to provide customers with a more seamless digital experience
- How technology could promote growth in 5 African countries
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Microsoft addresses confusion over ‘Azure’ pronunciation
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Ignite 2021 March digital event
- Microsoft to mark Black History Month with series of initiatives across Xbox and Windows
- Software engineer apprenticeship program with Microsoft, Kenya
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos