The device comes with a larger 10.5-inch display, improved battery life and a model with up to 64% faster performance.
Click to read about the technical specifications of the Surface Go 2 announced in May this year.
We’re excited to expand our Surface family with the addition of Surface Go 2 – our smallest and lightest two-in-one laptop says, Vithesh Reddy, Consumer and Channel Marketing Director at Microsoft South Africa. Its compact design and the versatility of a touchscreen and keyboard will appeal to businesses, schools, students and families, he continues.
He also adds that “Sharing Surface Go 2 with your family is seamless and secure. With parent-managed screen time limits, spending control and content filtering. Plus plenty of space for your photos, videos and music,” says Reddy.
The Surface Go 2 will start selling from the 22nd of October in South Africa.
Other Surface devices on sale by Incredible Connection Stores and Vodacom include the Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Pro 7.
Click to check out other stories making the news in the ecosystem across the region.
- Microsoft inaugurates $105 million state of the art Israel campus
- Microsoft releases Edge preview build for Linux, supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE
- Five Microsoft fundamentals and eight role-based certifications discounted at $15
- Microsoft partners with Social Change Factory to launch skills initiative in Senegal
- Rwanda Coding Academy gets grant boost to develop world-class programmers
- Facebook, Creatives Garage support Kenya creative industry with new platform
- $8000, Microsoft announces safe@home hackathon winners
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 available in South Africa, retails R8,999
- Cutting-edge technology can drive Africa towards a food-secure future
- $72K, African App Launchpad Cup 2020 competition
- Software engineer recruitment process at the Microsoft Africa Development center
- Jack Dorsey to Keynote at Africa Fintech Summit 2020