IT Industry Development Agency (itidA) is collaborating with Microsoft Egypt to host the 2020 African App Launchpad Cup pitch competition.
The virtual competition opens to teams or startups in 21 African countries. Eligible African countries include; Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
African App Launchpad Cup 2020 focuses on two competition tracks in Game development and App. development.
Teams or startups working on game development, Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality can participate in the game development track. Whilst the app. development tracks is for those working on specific app development irrespective of the tech used.
Registration and Submission of projects begins October 15th to 22nd November. With the finalist list being announced on the 30th of November 2020.
Interested persons can apply as a team of not less than two members or as a startup not older than two years. Another requirement is that you must have a working Prototype.
Game or app. ideas will be judged on team competencies, innovation, originality and creativity, business model, art and design.
First three winners in each track will win USD 12K, 8K, 4K respectively. In addition twenty four other finalist teams or startups will get USD 1K.
Microsoft is sponsoring a go to market program for the first place winners of each track. As well as a VC introduction from Microsoft Network across Africa.
Click to read and find out more about the competition.
Check out other stories making the news across the region below.
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March
- Microsoft launches technical skill-enhancement program for university lecturers.
- Students from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa qualify for the 2023 Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- TECNO MegaBook S1 2023, device specifications and price
- Microsoft and OpenAI: A Winning Combination for AI Era?
- Everyone thinks Microsoft + OpenAI will beat Google in the AI Battle, will that happen?
- Why did Instagram remove the shop tab and replace it with Reels?
- People in their 30s Play Video Games More Than Generation Z, Why?
One thought on “$72K, African App Launchpad Cup 2020 competition”