Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of Square, Inc. will be the closing keynote speaker at this years’ Africa Fintech Summit 2020.
The virtual summit will take place from the 9th to the 12th of November 2020. With Jack speaking on the 12th. His closing keynote will revolve around the concepts of decentralized finance and opportunities it creates for financial inclusion.
The three-day event will foster discussions on the fintech ecosystems across the continent. It will also look at fintech enabled businesses and the business of fintech across the region.
Jack’s Square Inc. introduced a suite of innovative tools and services that supports financial inclusion and the growth of businesses. With the company announcing recently it would become one of the first publicly traded U.S. companies to hold Bitcoin on its balance sheet.
Africa Fintech Summit 2020 will host the regional finals of Pegasus Tech Ventures’ Startup World Cup global pitch competition. With the winner getting a chance to compete for US$1M at the global semi-finals in Silicon Valley in May 2021.
Check out other stories making the news from the ecosystem.
- Manchester United fans in Africa will get access to MUTV in new partnership with StarTimes
- Opera launches chat service ‘Hype’ in Kenya
- CSPs must transform to provide customers with a more seamless digital experience
- How technology could promote growth in 5 African countries
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Microsoft addresses confusion over ‘Azure’ pronunciation
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Ignite 2021 March digital event
- Microsoft to mark Black History Month with series of initiatives across Xbox and Windows