Uber is announcing the second edition of its Tech For Safety Summit for Sub-Saharan Africa. Scheduled to be held virtually on the 22 October 2020.
The event will foster conversations around safety challenges and how technology can be used to build safer communities.
Like last years’ Uber says the conversation will be around our daily safety concerns. Also noting that it will be “bigger, better and built with you in mind.”
We’re excited to again bring safety, technology and innovation to the forefront. … Bigger, better and built with you in mind, the summit plans to tackle some of Africa’s most pressing safety-related concerns. Which has been further complicated and exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The safety of people across Africa is a priority that must be acted upon immediately in order to afford citizens the opportunity to enjoy their community and their country. The summit aims to redirect the constant ‘looking over our shoulders’ as we set our sights on a future that is safe, and attainable.
The event will also see startups pitch their “tech for safety” ideas live to a panel of judges and potential investors.
Click to register to be part of the event. Use the hashtag #Tech4Safety to be part of the Tech for Safety Summit conversation.
Checkout other stories from the ecosystem in Africa.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills