The Eastern, Southern and Central Africa communications solutions provider notes the appointment is effective from 1st January 2021.
Deon Geyser will be responsible for overseeing the strategic repositioning of the company as Liquid Intelligent Technologies. Providing an integrated technology capability that enables customers to transform their business through new intelligent technologies.
I am truly honoured to be chosen to lead the business into the next stage of its strategic development. Geyser shares commenting on his new appointment.
“Liquid has a ground-breaking view on transforming business through technology. Supported by a strong and talented team, a solid customer base and an exciting customer value proposition. I look forward to continuing building out its growth and to unlock value for shareholders and broader stakeholders alike.”
Group Chief Operating Officer Mr. Ahmad Mokhles notes, we are delighted to welcome Deon to Liquid Telecom South Africa.
“He is a proven leader. His strong knowledge of both the local market and the continent, extensive management experience in both the public and private sector and the track records in digital transformation makes him ideally placed to continue Liquid’s next chapter of growth and sustainability. As well as to achieve its successful repositioning.”
Deon Geyser holds a master’s degree in engineering management. As well as bachelor’s degrees in Electronic Engineering and IT from the University of Johannesburg. Prior to joining Liquid Intelligent Technologies, he has held senior management positions at Siemens and Millicom International Cellular (Tigo). His most recent position being that of Head of Southern Africa and Vodafone Africa for Nokia since 2014.
Checkout other stories making the news across the region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream