Amazon is announcing a new Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure to be located in Kenya. The new Edge Location in Kenya will be part of the Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN).
The Amazon Web Services Team made the announcement introducing new infrastructure in Eastern Europe and Kenya.
Amazon’s CloudFront service accelerates content delivery to users worldwide, with low latency and high transfer speeds.
The Kenya Edge Location will reduce wait time for end-users in the region when they visit a website, watch an online video, playing a game, buy a product online, or download an app.
For businesses and developers that will mean less time to deploy services and solutions bringing satisfaction to clients.
Amazon recently launched its AWS Africa region in Cape Town, South Africa. It also hosted a virtual summit so developers and technology enthusiasts can take advantage of its Africa cloud region.
Check out other stories from the region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream