Amazon is announcing a new Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure to be located in Kenya. The new Edge Location in Kenya will be part of the Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN).
The Amazon Web Services Team made the announcement introducing new infrastructure in Eastern Europe and Kenya.
Amazon’s CloudFront service accelerates content delivery to users worldwide, with low latency and high transfer speeds.
The Kenya Edge Location will reduce wait time for end-users in the region when they visit a website, watch an online video, playing a game, buy a product online, or download an app.
For businesses and developers that will mean less time to deploy services and solutions bringing satisfaction to clients.
Amazon recently launched its AWS Africa region in Cape Town, South Africa. It also hosted a virtual summit so developers and technology enthusiasts can take advantage of its Africa cloud region.
Check out other stories from the region.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills