Amazon is announcing a new Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure to be located in Kenya. The new Edge Location in Kenya will be part of the Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN).
The Amazon Web Services Team made the announcement introducing new infrastructure in Eastern Europe and Kenya.
Amazon’s CloudFront service accelerates content delivery to users worldwide, with low latency and high transfer speeds.
The Kenya Edge Location will reduce wait time for end-users in the region when they visit a website, watch an online video, play a game or buy a product online, or download an app.
For businesses and developers that will mean less time to deploy services and solutions bringing satisfaction to clients.
Amazon recently launched its AWS Africa region in Cape Town, South Africa. It also hosted a virtual summit so developers and technology enthusiasts can take advantage of its Africa cloud region.
Check out other stories from the region.
- GitHub Sponsors is now available to open source developers in Africa
- Microsoft SITA Ndivho Innovation Centre opens in Pretoria to empower innovators, SMMEs
- Mint Group wins 2022 Microsoft Partner of the year South Africa country award
- Safaricom, Microsoft launch Digital Talent Program to address talent shortage
- Green Wavers win season 3 of Microsoft university student hackathon
- Sell Harvest wins N2.5M at Microsoft Agro-Tech Hackathon NG
- PayAngel to innovate faster with the Microsoft Founders Hub opportunity
- Visa, Flocash introduce Flostore to help small businesses accept digital payments
- 2022 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa award winners
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar