Amazon is announcing a new Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure to be located in Kenya. The new Edge Location in Kenya will be part of the Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN).
The Amazon Web Services Team made the announcement introducing new infrastructure in Eastern Europe and Kenya.
Amazon’s CloudFront service accelerates content delivery to users worldwide, with low latency and high transfer speeds.
The Kenya Edge Location will reduce wait time for end-users in the region when they visit a website, watch an online video, playing a game, buy a product online, or download an app.
For businesses and developers that will mean less time to deploy services and solutions bringing satisfaction to clients.
Amazon recently launched its AWS Africa region in Cape Town, South Africa. It also hosted a virtual summit so developers and technology enthusiasts can take advantage of its Africa cloud region.
Check out other stories from the region.
- Uber to host Tech For Safety Summit 2020 on safety, technology, innovation in Africa
- TD Tech Experience Centre to host Microsoft technology envisioning sessions
- New head for Microsoft 4Afrika graduates and IT pros skills program
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies appoints new CEO of South Africa operations
- What is it like being a Microsoft software engineer in Africa? Find out amazing experiences, products they are building
- Amazon announces launch Of New CloudFront Edge Location in Kenya
- Huawei brings seamless, contactless payments to 20 African countries in new partnership with Mondia Pay
- New Safaricom app brings security, better UI, more user control
- Facebook to open first Africa engineering office in Lagos, Nigeria
- U.S. State Department announces the U.S. – Africa Tech Challenge