Safaricom PLC today unveiled a new mobile application (app) tailored at customers lifestyle. The new app comes with a new user interface, enhanced security and puts the user in control. It also promises an excellent experience.
Safaricom Head of Digital Products and Services, Fawzia Ali Kimathi, led the virtual launch event. Showcasing new and exciting features of the new mySafaricom app. She noted that this was a journey that began in October 2018 in response to customer feedback about the existing app.
Prior to the official release, about fifty thousand customers have tested the app. It has been in beta testing since February 2020, Fawzia shares.
“We are very excited about this journey. It’s taken us a couple of months to get here. We welcome your feedback, both good and bad. We have adopted the agile methodology … so we will be releasing something fresh and new every two to three weeks”.Fawzia Ali Kimathi
Speaking on some of the innovations the app brings she shares that customers who prefer to use the voucher card, can scan the 16 digits and it will automatically pick the digits and top up.
The new app will allow customers to choose five services in the favourite icon.
Postpaid customers can now see their usage during the month. They can see their credit limit, balance, make payments and increase or reduce limits.
Prepaid Safaricom customers will be able to see their airtime, data, Bonga and SMS balances. Topping up on any of the services happens right on that page from the new app.
A feature to know your data usage is currently available on the Safaricom mobile web app and will be coming soon to the mobile app.
Watch the full Safaricom app virtual launch event
Find out first-hand what other features the app brings with insights from Joel Kaba, Stephen Mutungi and Derek.
Check out other stories from the region.
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021