Safaricom PLC today unveiled a new mobile application (app) tailored at customers lifestyle. The new app comes with a new user interface, enhanced security and puts the user in control. It also promises an excellent experience.
Safaricom Head of Digital Products and Services, Fawzia Ali Kimathi, led the virtual launch event. Showcasing new and exciting features of the new mySafaricom app. She noted that this was a journey that began in October 2018 in response to customer feedback about the existing app.
Prior to the official release, about fifty thousand customers have tested the app. It has been in beta testing since February 2020, Fawzia shares.
“We are very excited about this journey. It’s taken us a couple of months to get here. We welcome your feedback, both good and bad. We have adopted the agile methodology … so we will be releasing something fresh and new every two to three weeks”.Fawzia Ali Kimathi
Speaking on some of the innovations the app brings she shares that customers who prefer to use the voucher card, can scan the 16 digits and it will automatically pick the digits and top up.
The new app will allow customers to choose five services in the favourite icon.
Postpaid customers can now see their usage during the month. They can see their credit limit, balance, make payments and increase or reduce limits.
Prepaid Safaricom customers will be able to see their airtime, data, Bonga and SMS balances. Topping up on any of the services happens right on that page from the new app.
A feature to know your data usage is currently available on the Safaricom mobile web app and will be coming soon to the mobile app.
Watch the full Safaricom app virtual launch event
Find out first-hand what other features the app brings with insights from Joel Kaba, Stephen Mutungi and Derek.
Check out other stories from the region.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills