The U.S. – Africa Tech Challenge will seek to identify African technologies that address the issues of state and non-state disinformation and propaganda.
Dr. David Bray inaugural Director of the Atlantic Council’s GeoTech Center and Executive Director of Commission on Geopolitical impacts of New Technologies and Data highlighted this during this year’s East AfricaCom 2020 virtual event.
The challenge will be held in a teo-part virtual event. The first event will take place virtually in April 2021. The second event also virtual will colocate with East Africacom 11th to 12th May 2021. Up to three winners of the U.S. – Africa tech challenge will receive a total grant of up to $250,000 USD.
Dr. Bray notes that “the very technologies that allow us to communicate and relate to each other online can and will be influenced by other nations and internally. We need to think about how we actually address these challenges“.
Atlantic Council will act as implementing partners of the challenge. It is sponsored by the U.S. State Department’s Global Engagement Center. It also is in partnership with, Twitter, U.S. Embassy Nairobi, the European Union, the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IAD) and Park Advisors.
Watch the U.S. Africa Tech Challenge announcement below
kindly visit the event information page for more details on how to apply and participate
This now includes link to the event page, event dates and total grant amount for up to three winners, $250,000 USD.
kindly sign up
and get the latest from
the tech ecosystem. ” custom_font_size=”16″ custom_border_radius=”0″ custom_border_weight=”1″ custom_padding=”15″ custom_spacing=”10″ submit_button_classes=”” email_field_classes=”” show_only_email_and_button=”true”]
Check out other tech stories making the news in the region.
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence