Microsoft is introducing a two-day virtual event aimed at beginners in tech. The event dubbed Start. Dev. Change. targets beginners that are looking to learn new software development skills.
The virtual event is scheduled to take place on October 14 and 15 starting at 3 pm GMT each day.
The Start. Dev. Change. sessions, Microsoft says will be applicable to anyone who wants to learn code. With basic computer skills being the only requirement needed. The virtual event will feature introductory level sessions on code development and no-code development tools such as Microsoft Power Platform.
The sessions will include training on multiple programming languages, intro to databases, intro to cloud, cybersecurity, power apps, power automate, power BI, etc.
The event designed for beginners in tech will feature Microsoft Partner Program Manager, Scott Hanselman, as the keynote speaker. Other speakers include Microsoft Cloud Advocates April Speight, Cecil Phillip, Cassie Breviu and Dona Sakar.
RSVP to participate in the event and check the event page for other resources to get you started.
Check out other stories from the region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream