African Library Project in partnership with Microsoft presents the Hack for Africa Challenge.
A hackathon event aimed at discovering solutions that address some of Africa’s pressing needs in literacy, health, and any other sector.
The hackathon event invites makers, innovators, educators, policy experts, and students from across the globe to participate.
Hack for Africa challenge submissions open from August 10 to 16. It is opened to persons 13 years and above. There is about $6420 in prizes to be won.
Visit the hackathon event page for event rules and details.
Check out other stories from the region.
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021