African Library Project in partnership with Microsoft presents the Hack for Africa Challenge.
A hackathon event aimed at discovering solutions that address some of Africa’s pressing needs in literacy, health, and any other sector.
The hackathon event invites makers, innovators, educators, policy experts, and students from across the globe to participate.
Hack for Africa challenge submissions open from August 10 to 16. It is opened to persons 13 years and above. There is about $6420 in prizes to be won.
Visit the hackathon event page for event rules and details.
Check out other stories from the region.
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills
- We are supporting the lifecycle of the developer in Africa and the Middle East – Microsoft