Microsoft announces the expansion of its Surface device range into the South Africa market. Starting with the introduction of Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 for both commercial and consumer customers.
Panos Panay, Microsoft Chief Product Officer, noted in May, Surface devices will be coming to South Africa.
The devices will be available for consumers to purchase from Incredible Connection stores and Vodacom starting July 29, 2020.
Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 continue the brand’s tradition. Of best-in-class productivity, security, mobility and speed, the company notes. It introduces new processors and modern connectivity options in a world of remote work and learning.
“Rapid and continuous change define modern living and working – and the shift to remote working and education requires the right tools to stay productive and connected securely,” said Vithesh Reddy, Consumer and Channel Marketing Director at Microsoft South Africa.
“Microsoft’s Surface family is designed for just that kind of versatility, portability and productivity, so people can work and play faster, better, and stay connected wherever they are. As with previous Surface devices, we have delivered best-in-class upgrades for our new additions to the family, to ensure that individuals and organisations have access to the optimal performance they need to achieve more in the office, classroom, or out in the field.”
The Surface Pro 7 takes Microsoft’s iconic 2-in-1 design to the next level, with a faster and more versatile device for professionals on the go. Powered by a 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, Fast Charging, all-day battery1 and Instant On, the Surface Pro 7 provides modern connectivity with USB-C™ and USB-A ports.
Access to the latest devices
Businesses and consumers across South Africa will also have access to the latest edition of Microsoft’s most beloved laptop series. The new Surface Laptop 3 makes a statement
The device delivers improved speed and performance with the latest 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, up to 11.5 hours battery life2, and Instant On. The Surface Laptop 3 15-inch consumer offering is powered by the AMD Ryzen™ Surface Edition processor.
“The Surface family has always transcended market expectations. – Whether in the consumer or corporate segment. – Providing devices at the leading edge of innovation, and establishing new benchmarks for excellence,” said Reddy.
“At each iteration, we elevate the entire Microsoft ecosystem, ensuring our devices evolve into a line of products that cover the widest possible range of individual and business use cases – versatile, adaptable, powerful and secure to enable remote working or schooling.”
Adds Gary Pickford, CCO at Tarsus Distribution, “We’re excited to introduce the Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Pro 7 products to the South African market, offering a new, Windows-powered alternative in the premium mobile segment. The models we are providing to our channel offer a blend of speed, style and versatility for notebook and tablet users looking for a Windows device with a high-quality finish and a device that balances security, aesthetics, speed and versatility.”
Pricing and Support
Recommended retail pricing for the Surface Pro 7 starts at R17 999.00. And the Surface
The good things about the new market
- Surface Duo, Microsoft Android dual-screen mobile device available
- Tackling gender-based violence with Tech, Microsoft announces Safe@Home Hackathon
- Microsoft announces USD 2 million investment for smallholder farmers in South Africa
- Watch Samsung Galaxy Unpacked August 2020 livestream
- African Library Project, Microsoft present Hack for Africa Challenge
- Central University of Technology introduces Artificial Intelligence university programme in partnership with Microsoft, Free State Government, Gijima
- Project RemD wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Microsoft announces new Africa Research Institute to improve productivity in work, health, society
- Microsoft Africa Development Center software engineers celebrate one year of working for the company
- Benefits of using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)