UNICEF is bringing its Learning Passport platform powered by Microsoft to the youth of Jordan. To help them continue their learning and skills development at home amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The platform offers courses in advanced coding and software development, Microsoft Arabic digital literacy courses, life skills, social entrepreneurship and English language.
UNICEF Learning Passport is free and provides content in both online and offline formats. The launch in Jordan means it is the first version to be launched in Arabic and in the Middle East Region.
Through our partnership with UNICEF and The University of Cambridge on the Learning Passport, we are able to rapidly provide a locally-relevant remote learning solution. That ensures continuous access to education for millions of youth in Jordan says Roula Chehab, Microsoft Jordan Country Manager.
“At Microsoft, our priority has been to find ways for technology to improve people’s lives and bring the promise of technology to those who are most at risk of being left behind in this era of digital transformation.Roula Chehab, Microsoft Country Manager Jordan
Our focus includes closing the skills gap and ensuring that our solutions benefit all youth to become tomorrow’s leaders. U
nlockingthis potential for all students to learn through immersive and inclusive learning experiences.”
Visit the learning platform to discover its resources jordan.learningpassport.unicef.org.
Check out other stories from the MEA region.
- New Safaricom app brings security, better UI, more user control
- Facebook to open first Africa engineering office in Lagos, Nigeria
- U.S. State Department announces the U.S. – Africa Tech Challenge
- Surface Duo review roundup, this is what all your favourite YouTubers are saying
- Dimension Data Group consolidates, rebrands subsidiaries in the Middle East and Africa
- GitHub hosts first event for developers in Africa
- Microsoft is confirming the design and $299 price of its latest console, Xbox Series S
- Microsoft introduces StartDevChange event for beginners in tech
- Kenyan graduates, interns to receive Microsoft training and certification
- Microsoft is recruiting graduates to its Student2Business Programme, Apply!