Parents can monitor and control children’s activities through a dashboard. From the dashboard, parents can monitor recent contacts, chat history and reported and blocked contacts. They can also see a log of sent and received images and videos in chats. As well as enable supervised friending and remote device log out through the dashboard.
The app is suitable for children between the ages of six to twelve years. Messenger Kids app is free and you can be download it from the Apple, Google Play and Amazon app stores.
Facebook shares it worked closely with experts in online safety, child development and media, and consulted with child safety advocates and educators across Africa ahead of the app launch. To ensure the app provides a service that balances parental control with features that help kids learn how to connect responsibly online.
“We know that parents are turning to technology more than ever to help their kids connect with friends and family
Checkout other posts from across the region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream