Parents can monitor and control children’s activities through a dashboard. From the dashboard, parents can monitor recent contacts, chat history and reported and blocked contacts. They can also see a log of sent and received images and videos in chats. As well as enable supervised friending and remote device log out through the dashboard.
The app is suitable for children between the ages of six to twelve years. Messenger Kids app is free and you can be download it from the Apple, Google Play and Amazon app stores.
Facebook shares it worked closely with experts in online safety, child development and media, and consulted with child safety advocates and educators across Africa ahead of the app launch. To ensure the app provides a service that balances parental control with features that help kids learn how to connect responsibly online.
“We know that parents are turning to technology more than ever to help their kids connect with friends and family
Checkout other posts from across the region.
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters
- Microsoft’s new cloud datacenter region in Qatar finally goes live