Microsoft’s Director of Operations and Marketing for the Middle East and Africa, Jaime Galviz, is taking up a new role in the company. He is now going to head the company’s operations in Colombia.
Starting July 1st Jamie will steer affairs as General Manager for Microsoft in Colombia.
“It is a pleasure and honor to be back home and join our talented team in Colombia. To continue Microsoft’s mission to empower organizations and individuals to achieve more.
Our country has enormous potential and at this critical moment, our work in partnership with our partners, government, educational entities and the private sector is even more important to drive and sustain digital transformation in our key industries, foster our great local talent and strengthen Microsoft’s commitment to environmental sustainability.”
He spent about eight year in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region in various roles. First serving as the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for Microsoft Gulf. Then moving on to become the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for the MEA region.
Check out other posts from the region.
- Microsoft inaugurates $105 million state of the art Israel campus
- Microsoft releases Edge preview build for Linux, supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE
- Five Microsoft fundamentals and eight role-based certifications discounted at $15
- Microsoft partners with Social Change Factory to launch skills initiative in Senegal
- Rwanda Coding Academy gets grant boost to develop world-class programmers
- Facebook, Creatives Garage support Kenya creative industry with new platform
- $8000, Microsoft announces safe@home hackathon winners
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 available in South Africa, retails R8,999
- Cutting-edge technology can drive Africa towards a food-secure future
- $72K, African App Launchpad Cup 2020 competition