Microsoft’s Director of Operations and Marketing for the Middle East and Africa, Jaime Galviz, is taking up a new role in the company. He is now going to head the company’s operations in Colombia.
Starting July 1st Jamie will steer affairs as General Manager for Microsoft in Colombia.
“It is a pleasure and honor to be back home and join our talented team in Colombia. To continue Microsoft’s mission to empower organizations and individuals to achieve more.
Our country has enormous potential and at this critical moment, our work in partnership with our partners, government, educational entities and the private sector is even more important to drive and sustain digital transformation in our key industries, foster our great local talent and strengthen Microsoft’s commitment to environmental sustainability.”
He spent about eight year in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region in various roles. First serving as the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for Microsoft Gulf. Then moving on to become the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for the MEA region.
Check out other posts from the region.
- Manchester United fans in Africa will get access to MUTV in new partnership with StarTimes
- Opera launches chat service ‘Hype’ in Kenya
- CSPs must transform to provide customers with a more seamless digital experience
- How technology could promote growth in 5 African countries
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Microsoft addresses confusion over ‘Azure’ pronunciation
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Ignite 2021 March digital event
- Microsoft to mark Black History Month with series of initiatives across Xbox and Windows