Microsoft is looking to bring back the concept of NexTech Africa but in an ongoing way. The company is introducing the Power Africa Community for African developers. Dona Sakar, Microsoft Principal Advocate, shared this during the welcome to Microsoft Build 2020 session.
We will like to bring back the concept of NexTech but ongoing. This year we want to engage with you (African developers) so much better through a series of virtual events. Events focused on Power platform, Azure, M365, etc..Dona Sarkar
Power Africa tech community will be a closed group on the Microsoft Tech Community. Where African developers will be able to learn, share, connect and grow with events and opportunities from Power Platform, M365 and Azure.
Virtual events designed specifically for the continent will take place this summer and fall, Dona notes. The company also hopes it can host an in-person Dev Tour this winter as part of the initiative.
To join the community and stay up-to-date kindly signup.
Microsoft is hosting a series of sessions dedicated to African developers.
- JKUAT’s Team ‘Knights’ makes it to top six in Microsoft imagine cup, win 16,000 USD
- Build 2020: Microsoft launches Power Africa Tech Community
- Watch Microsoft Build 2020 Vision Keynote and Imagine Cup World Championship live #MSBuild
- Andela, Microsoft launch ALCwithMicrosoft Azure Training Program
- Microsoft Build 2020: focus on Africa – local developer community and road to power Africa
- Partnerships in technology play critical role in Covid-19 crisis – Amrote Abdella, Microsoft 4Afrika
- Microsoft announces cheaper Surface Go 2, larger display, improved battery life, faster performance
- Microsoft Build 2020 is a free 48 hours digital event
- Microsoft increases number of simultaneous videos in Teams meetings
- Microsoft introduces DigiGirlz AI Class, brings Artificial Intelligence to high-school girls