Microsoft is looking to bring back the concept of NexTech Africa but in an ongoing way. The company is introducing the Power Africa Community for African developers. Dona Sakar, Microsoft Principal Advocate, shared this during the welcome to Microsoft Build 2020 session.
We will like to bring back the concept of NexTech but ongoing. This year we want to engage with you (African developers) so much better through a series of virtual events. Events focused on Power platform, Azure, M365, etc..Dona Sarkar
Power Africa tech community will be a closed group on the Microsoft Tech Community. Where African developers will be able to learn, share, connect and grow with events and opportunities from Power Platform, M365 and Azure.
Virtual events designed specifically for the continent will take place this summer and fall, Dona notes. The company also hopes it can host an in-person Dev Tour this winter as part of the initiative.
To join the community and stay up-to-date kindly signup.
Microsoft is hosting a series of sessions dedicated to African developers.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills