Droppa, South Africa on-demand delivery digital platform service expands its service offering with the launch of “Droppa Express”. Bringing express delivery for light-weight items within a 25 km radius in just 24 hours.
The express service will cater for the delivery of goods such as food, parcels, books, stationery and other smaller items under 25 kg. Promising an affordable rate, it will be available in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Delivery bookings can be made through the company website droppa.co.za. Or app which is available as a free download on Android and IOS platforms.
“Droppa is continuously looking to enhance current service offerings. Or to introduce new ones that meet the requirements of our customer base across South Africa’s four major cities,” says Khathu Mufamadi, Droppa CEO.
Droppa moves into essential services
Earlier this month, the on-demand e-hailing company announced it is pivoting in response to the new Covid-19 lockdown imposed by the government.
The company’s original operating model allows patrons and businesses to request a truck/bakkie for all furniture removals and logistics, also operates in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban.
Droppa now offers its services to businesses rendering essential services. Such as retail stores, warehouses, fresh produce farms and medical suppliers. It will also be made available to members of the public who require essential goods delivered to them.
In a similar way to Uber, Droppa does not own trucks. Instead, it has driver-partners that have registered their vehicles. Thus empowering and providing employment opportunities for many South Africans.
“The Covid-19 pandemic poses an unprecedented threat to businesses worldwide. Companies must react in different ways to ensure business continuity, improve the resilience of their supply chain, or pivot to innovate ways to generate revenue” concludes Mufamadi.
Check out the latest post and other breaking stories from MCGH.
- You can now play Microsoft Flight Simulator on an Xbox console
- Ecobank Group partners with Microsoft to upskill SMEs in 33 countries in Africa
- TECNO Phantom X, premium model price and camera spotlight
- 2021 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa Award winners
- Digital SA Nation and Microsoft announce new digital space
- HP Pavilion Aero 13 Laptop PC, device specifications and price
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is now available in Africa and the Middle East
- Kuwait leaders to maximize the use of smart technologies in new Microsoft AI program
- Get Microsoft Office 365 for Free, here is how to
- Can Zuku 5 Mbps internet enable learning?