Standard Bank is offering a free online Microsoft Digital Literacy Course to all South Africans in partnership with Pioneering Solutions Studio.
The courses focus on generic ICT skills and concepts. How to use a computer and the Internet. keeping yourself and your computer safe online. As well as how to use the most common Microsoft productivity software applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
The online course is open to all South Africans during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. You also don’t need to have a Standard Bank account to use the platform. It explores a range of digital skills and practices over four key modules. Providing the learner with the ability to utilise technology to interact with the world around them.
To register, learners will need a device, such as a phone, tablet or computer, with internet connectivity, a valid email address, together with their South African ID number. Learners that do not have an email address can register for a free Microsoft Outlook email account from the platform. Upon completion they will be issued with a Microsoft Imagine Academy certificate. This certificate will allow South African’s to claim recognition of prior learning in Digital Literacy at any institution of higher learning.
According to United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), there are nearly 1.4 billion students globally who can’t attend school and university as a result of COVID-19. Millions of people around the world are also unable to work as a result of quarantine and lockdowns.
In its latest Global Shapers Report, the World Economic Forum referred to online learning as the future of education. StatsSA’s most recent Labour Force Survey shows upskilling courses significantly increase the likelihood of employment. With more employers favouring employees that have had continuous development as professionals.
In today’s digital world, nearly every career requires digital communication at some point. Standard
The course will continue to be available post the lockdown period. To learn more about the Microsoft Digital Literacy course – visit learn section on the Standard Bank website.
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills
- We are supporting the lifecycle of the developer in Africa and the Middle East – Microsoft