Standard Bank is offering a free online Microsoft Digital Literacy Course to all South Africans in partnership with Pioneering Solutions Studio.
The courses focus on generic ICT skills and concepts. How to use a computer and the Internet. keeping yourself and your computer safe online. As well as how to use the most common Microsoft productivity software applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
The online course is open to all South Africans during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. You also don’t need to have a Standard Bank account to use the platform. It explores a range of digital skills and practices over four key modules. Providing the learner with the ability to utilise technology to interact with the world around them.
To register, learners will need a device, such as a phone, tablet or computer, with internet connectivity, a valid email address, together with their South African ID number. Learners that do not have an email address can register for a free Microsoft Outlook email account from the platform. Upon completion they will be issued with a Microsoft Imagine Academy certificate. This certificate will allow South African’s to claim recognition of prior learning in Digital Literacy at any institution of higher learning.
According to United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), there are nearly 1.4 billion students globally who can’t attend school and university as a result of COVID-19. Millions of people around the world are also unable to work as a result of quarantine and lockdowns.
In its latest Global Shapers Report, the World Economic Forum referred to online learning as the future of education. StatsSA’s most recent Labour Force Survey shows upskilling courses significantly increase the likelihood of employment. With more employers favouring employees that have had continuous development as professionals.
In today’s digital world, nearly every career requires digital communication at some point. Standard
The course will continue to be available post the lockdown period. To learn more about the Microsoft Digital Literacy course – visit learn section on the Standard Bank website.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream