Microsoft Imagine Cup Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regional finalist will now virtually pitch their ideas to judges. This is as concerns of COVID-19 (corona virus) increase worldwide. The in-person regional cup competition finals was scheduled to take place March 10 to 12 in Amsterdam.
The spread of COVID-19, corona virus in new countries and regions is seeing conferences cancelled worldwide. Many organizations are resorting to hosting only virtual events. Microsoft announced the cancellation of its Ignite the Tour in Amsterdam and pointed interested attendees to watching the on demand sessions online. Stating “the health and safety of our customers, partners, suppliers and employees is a top priority“.
The cancellation of the tour means cancellation of co-located events; Imagine Cup EMEA regional finals and Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) Summit. The cup competition will still take place, however virtually on March 10.
Microsoft shares an update on the competition;
“The ten student teams from across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will virtually pitch their purpose-driven applications at the Imagine Cup EMEA Regional Final“.
Each of the ten student teams will pitch their solution, answer questions, and showcase their technology to judges. Two teams will be selected to represent the EMEA regional region at the 2020 World Championship finals in Seattle. For a chance to compete for the grand prize of USD100,000 cash, USD50,000 Azure credits and mentoring session with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. The winning teams from the regional finals will take home USD8,000. Whereas three runner-up teams will each take home USD2,500.
We will look to bring you coverage of the regional finals.
Check out details of the EMEA regional finals imagine student cup competition from last year.
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence