MultiChoice Group is rethinking its business strategies in a rapidly changing industry. The company is using Microsoft technologies in its digital transformation journey to adapt and deliver content. Using technologies such as artificial intelligence(AI), mixed reality(MR), big data analytics and cognitive services to become agile and innovative.
In partnership with Microsoft South Africa, the company has been streamlining its business to change audience experiences. From migrating tape libraries to the Azure cloud to optimizing operations. One such instance is streaming the 2018 FIFA world cup in 4K to its subscribers using the Azure platform. Another is, being able to dub and subtitle content for different markets. Something that Brad Eliot, Group Chief Information Officer at MultiChoice says will be impossible and inefficient.
Multichoice will launch automated highlights packages for its sports channels using Microsoft Azure. Producing near real-time highlights for in live broadcast and social media.
“We produce a lot of our own local content and there’s a drive to see if we can use speech recognition to dub and subtitle that content. With the volume of media assets, we have literally thousands and thousands of hours of content. So doing this in a non-automated fashion would just be impossible and inefficient.”
Multichoice is currently using Microsoft solutions like Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365 and security services. With Microsoft Azure acting as a test and production platform for the company. Alkis Flemetakis, Account Director – Enterprise Commercial at Microsoft Corporation shares Azure is a key platform on their journey to the cloud.
“They are continuously assessing the environment and over the last four years, have created prototypes and MVPs (Minimum Viable Products) on the Microsoft cloud platform. Currently, MultiChoice are looking at migrating significant IT workloads to Azure, and using AI and machine learning to develop innovative solutions for their customers.”
- You can now play Microsoft Flight Simulator on an Xbox console
- Ecobank Group partners with Microsoft to upskill SMEs in 33 countries in Africa
- TECNO Phantom X, premium model price and camera spotlight
- 2021 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa Award winners
- Digital SA Nation and Microsoft announce new digital space
- HP Pavilion Aero 13 Laptop PC, device specifications and price
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is now available in Africa and the Middle East
- Kuwait leaders to maximize the use of smart technologies in new Microsoft AI program
- Get Microsoft Office 365 for Free, here is how to
- Can Zuku 5 Mbps internet enable learning?