What is Microsoft AI for Good? It is Microsoft’s philanthropic initiative to empower people and organizations working around the world to protect cultural heritage, solve humanitarian issues and create a more sustainable and accessible world.
Mike Yeh, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft Middle East and Africa speaks to Shalewa Williams, TechCity Nigeria about the initiative. He notes that the initiative is Microsoft funding people, companies with ideas that address global issues.
He sheds light on the Microsoft AI for Good initiative. Expounding on the various pillars; Sustainability, Accessibility, Earth and Cultural Heritage. Mike Yeh also shares the important details of how African organizations can apply for grants under this initiative.
What the full interview below
Upepo Company Limited, Kenya, won an innovation in water grant under the AI for good initiative.
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters
- Microsoft’s new cloud datacenter region in Qatar finally goes live