What is Microsoft AI for Good? It is Microsoft’s philanthropic initiative to empower people and organizations working around the world to protect cultural heritage, solve humanitarian issues and create a more sustainable and accessible world.
Mike Yeh, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft Middle East and Africa speaks to Shalewa Williams, TechCity Nigeria about the initiative. He notes that the initiative is Microsoft funding people, companies with ideas that address global issues.
He sheds light on the Microsoft AI for Good initiative. Expounding on the various pillars; Sustainability, Accessibility, Earth and Cultural Heritage. Mike Yeh also shares the important details of how African organizations can apply for grants under this initiative.
What the full interview below
Upepo Company Limited, Kenya, won an innovation in water grant under the AI for good initiative.
- Microsoft inaugurates $105 million state of the art Israel campus
- Microsoft releases Edge preview build for Linux, supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE
- Five Microsoft fundamentals and eight role-based certifications discounted at $15
- Microsoft partners with Social Change Factory to launch skills initiative in Senegal
- Rwanda Coding Academy gets grant boost to develop world-class programmers
- Facebook, Creatives Garage support Kenya creative industry with new platform
- $8000, Microsoft announces safe@home hackathon winners
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 available in South Africa, retails R8,999
- Cutting-edge technology can drive Africa towards a food-secure future
- $72K, African App Launchpad Cup 2020 competition