What is Microsoft AI for Good? It is Microsoft’s philanthropic initiative to empower people and organizations working around the world to protect cultural heritage, solve humanitarian issues and create a more sustainable and accessible world.
Mike Yeh, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft Middle East and Africa speaks to Shalewa Williams, TechCity Nigeria about the initiative. He notes that the initiative is Microsoft funding people, companies with ideas that address global issues.
He sheds light on the Microsoft AI for Good initiative. Expounding on the various pillars; Sustainability, Accessibility, Earth and Cultural Heritage. Mike Yeh also shares the important details of how African organizations can apply for grants under this initiative.
What the full interview below
Upepo Company Limited, Kenya, won an innovation in water grant under the AI for good initiative.
- Manchester United fans in Africa will get access to MUTV in new partnership with StarTimes
- Opera launches chat service ‘Hype’ in Kenya
- CSPs must transform to provide customers with a more seamless digital experience
- How technology could promote growth in 5 African countries
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Microsoft addresses confusion over ‘Azure’ pronunciation
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Ignite 2021 March digital event
- Microsoft to mark Black History Month with series of initiatives across Xbox and Windows