Microsoft will be empowering about two thousand micro, small and medium-sized businesses at Techpoint SME Clinic this year.
4Afrika, Microsoft’s business and market development engine in Africa, is supporting the training of small businesses on ways to automate their business processes and use technology to scale. Techpoint SME Clinic is scheduled to take place in Lagos, Nigeria on 29th February 2020.
Microsoft shares, it is partnering with Techpoint as their SME clinic vision aligns with the 4Afrika vision. That is “to turn today’s ideas from Africa through the power of technology into solutions“. The company will provide SMEs with digital transformation, scalability and sustainability opportunities.
Amongst others, the SMEs will learn; how to take a business online the right way. How to market products and services online and how to get loans and funding for business.
Head of Strategic Partnerships at Microsoft 4Afrika, Soromfe Uzomah notes SMEs are most in need of six things. Access to finance, markets, affordable technology, information and skills and services. These he says are essential for their scalability and sustainability.
“Together with our partners, we provide SMEs access to all of these. Through initiatives such as Microsoft for Startups, MySkills4Afrika, Microsoft Virtual Academy, Biz4Afrika and Interns 4Afrika. On our educational platforms, our training content is tailored to suit the different growth stages of an SME.”
Microsoft says the 4Afrika initiative has reached 1.7 million small and medium businesses and supported more than 300 startups.
Do you run an SME in Nigeria? Click to register and learn how to accelerate your business in 2020 with the power of technology.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream