A home for global talent and ambitious innovators, Microsoft Reactor.
Microsoft brings its startup and developer community hubs program, Microsoft Reactor, to the United Arab Emirates. The new Microsoft Reactor will be hosted by Hub71 and located in Abu Dhabi.
Microsoft shares that like all of its reactors, it will be a center for technical learning and knowledge-sharing for developers and startup professionals. The hub will be home to the Microsoft for Startups program in the region. Supporting startups build and scale their companies. This will bring the number of reactors globally to eleven. With Tel Aviv, Israel hosting the other reactor in the Middle East and Africa Region.
“As a partner of Hub71 Abu Dhabi, we are firmly committed to the Middle East region as it continues its journey to digitally transform and innovate“. Shares Scott Guthrie, Executive VP of Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Division. “We’re helping to create a home for global talent and ambitious innovators looking to this region for opportunity“.
The initiative is in collaboration with Hub71, Mubadala Investment Company, SoftBank Vision Fund and Abu Dhabi Global Market.
Hub71 and Startups
Microsoft will provide a curriculum to startup residents of Hub71. Strengthening expertise around emerging topics such as cloud services and Artificial Intelligence.
Seventeen new startups, emerging as recent winners of the Hub71 Incentive Program will benefit from the program. Hub71 will now have a total of 35 startups in its ecosystem.
We are thrilled to open a Microsoft Reactor within Hub71 says Jeana Jorgensen, General Manager, Cloud and AI Division at Microsoft. “Built to support the Gulf’s unprecedented rate of digital transformation, Microsoft recently invested in two datacenters in the UAE. The concentration of globally minded startups, investors and industry, represents an enormous opportunity. We believe bringing these elements together with Mubadala and Hub71 will be a catalyst for the region“.
- Microsoft Reactor Program comes to Abu Dhabi, welcomes 17 new startups
- AI Challenge Program to accelerate the adoption of AI technologies in the UAE
- 2019: Microsoft in Africa and the Middle East, year in pictures
- 20 Technology Ambassadors graduate from the Microsoft Teacher Internship Program
- Red Hat OpenShift is coming to Microsoft Middle East and Africa Datacenters
- Abu Dhabi Digital Authority to use Microsoft solutions in accelerating Smart Citizen Experience
- Surface Hub 2S is now available to UAE market
- Ajman Digital Government, Microsoft sign MoU to accelerate digital transformation in the Emirate of Ajman
- Avaya, Microsoft partner to bring enterprise-grade CCaaS solutions to businesses