If you are still hooked to your Windows phone and actively using WhatsApp from Facebook, this is for you. You have only a few days to switch devices or find an alternative platform for your conversations. The company is alerting, “WhatsApp will stop working on Windows Phones after January 14 2020”.
In June last year, WhatsApp Inc. sent out an end of support message to Windows phone users. Informing users “Microsoft has ended support for Windows Phone, As a consequence, WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Dec 31, 2019”. The new alert reads “WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Jan 14, 2020”.
You’ll no longer be able to use all Windows Phone operating systems after December 31, 2019 the support page reads. This means you will officially no longer be able to use the service on your phone. You might have experienced some features not working properly. This is due to the fact that the company isn’t actively developing for the platform.
Good thing is you can continue using the service on a supported phone as the company advises. The downside however will be that your conversations can’t travel with you cross platform. As they are backed up on different platform accounts.
It is the 15th of January 2020, the image below is what you’ll see when you open your WhatsApp application.
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence
- The ROG Ally: A Next-Gen handheld gaming machine
- New AI solutions and improvements to Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit