If you are still hooked to your Windows phone and actively using WhatsApp from Facebook, this is for you. You have only a few days to switch devices or find an alternative platform for your conversations. The company is alerting, “WhatsApp will stop working on Windows Phones after January 14 2020”.
In June last year, WhatsApp Inc. sent out an end of support message to Windows phone users. Informing users “Microsoft has ended support for Windows Phone, As a consequence, WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Dec 31, 2019”. The new alert reads “WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Jan 14, 2020”.
You’ll no longer be able to use all Windows Phone operating systems after December 31, 2019 the support page reads. This means you will officially no longer be able to use the service on your phone. You might have experienced some features not working properly. This is due to the fact that the company isn’t actively developing for the platform.
Good thing is you can continue using the service on a supported phone as the company advises. The downside however will be that your conversations can’t travel with you cross platform. As they are backed up on different platform accounts.
It is the 15th of January 2020, the image below is what you’ll see when you open your WhatsApp application.
- Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Innovation Conference 2022
- My emotional attachment to Apple Watch Ultra
- The Beautiful link between Technology and Football
- Drop: a new way to send files, notes across mobile and PC devices
- Microsoft to train and support Moroccan student developers, startups, SMEs
- Microsoft hosts Startups Summit in Cape Town
- Microsoft trains Omani youth in cloud, data, and AI
- Have you tried Apple’s iPhone 14 satellite connectivity? It’s magical.
- Algiz 10XR, new ultra-rugged 10-inch Windows tablet
- How Python is used in Cryptocurrency
- Is Elon Musk saving or killing Twitter?
- Here are some life lessons from Jeff Bezos