If you are still hooked to your Windows phone and actively using WhatsApp from Facebook, this is for you. You have only a few days to switch devices or find an alternative platform for your conversations. The company is alerting, “WhatsApp will stop working on Windows Phones after January 14 2020”.
In June last year, WhatsApp Inc. sent out an end of support message to Windows phone users. Informing users “Microsoft has ended support for Windows Phone, As a consequence, WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Dec 31, 2019”. The new alert reads “WhatsApp will stop working on this phone after Jan 14, 2020”.
You’ll no longer be able to use all Windows Phone operating systems after December 31, 2019 the support page reads. This means you will officially no longer be able to use the service on your phone. You might have experienced some features not working properly. This is due to the fact that the company isn’t actively developing for the platform.
Good thing is you can continue using the service on a supported phone as the company advises. The downside however will be that your conversations can’t travel with you cross platform. As they are backed up on different platform accounts.
It is the 15th of January 2020, the image below is what you’ll see when you open your WhatsApp application.
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance
- 13 startups join the Microsoft Scale-up Accelerator program
- 2022 Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge winners