Microsoft’s open source team hosted the first open cloud summit in Johannesburg, South Africa. The summit powered by Microsoft Azure, showcased some of the most innovative open source technologies in the Azure cloud. Microsoft South Africa, Azure Business Group Lead, Johannes Kanis revealed key momentum and engagements of customers since opening of the Microsoft Africa Datacenter.
Joe noted that since the arrival of the datacenters Microsoft has seen thousands of customers using the service. “We are experiencing double digit growth month on month” he continued. “We are continuing to bring in more advanced services. Particularly at this event we talked about Openshift on Azure, which in the coming weeks will be live in the South African datacenters as well“.
He expressed excitement at seeing customers maturing their products in terms of cloud usage in the Microsoft Africa Datacenter. Using services like serverless and containers.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program