Every year, Microsoft hosts a global competition for students aged 13 to 22, to showcase their comprehensive knowledge in Microsoft Office. The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Championship tests students’ skills on Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Students will be tested in the following Microsoft Office suite programs. Microsoft Word 2016 and Word 2019, Microsoft Excel 2016 and Excel 2019, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 and PowerPoint 2019. Winners from national qualification rounds to represent their countries at the World Championship. Where they can win a cash price of up to $7000, trophy, certificate and other prizes.
To represent your country at the MOS World Championship, you’ll need to first be named your nation’s champion by competing in a regional competition hosted by Certiport’s network of Authorized Partners. You can see the full list of partners and nations that compete here.
In addition, each country has its own selection process, so make sure to connect with your local Partner to find out how you can prepare to compete in the MOS World Championship in 2020.
Certiport Inc., a Pearson VUE business and the leading provider of learning curriculum host the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Championship.
Read about Katherine, 2017 Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship from Nigeria who made Nigeria and Africa proud.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence