Samsung held its Galaxy Unpacked 2019 event yesterday. Unveiling new mobile computing devices and experiences for its customers. Shilpa Ranganathan, Microsoft CVP Mobile and Cross Device Experiences joined Samsung Director of Product Strategy & Marketing Mobile Computing Hassan Anjum on stage. Talking about a unifying PC to mobile experience and the future of productivity using Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+.
Shilpa said Microsoft is excited to come together with Samsung to “innovate in hardware, software and services. We will meet you where you are“, highlighting how distracting and counterproductive switching between devices is. For Samsung it is about seamlessly integrating key services to unify consumer experiences.
Using Your Phone app in Windows 10, Shilpa Ranganathan demoed Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ specific features. Your phone app on Windows works with any android and iOS device. Allowing you to access contents of your phone straight from the PC. Making your phone’s screen available to you on your PC, so you wouldn’t need to keep switching between your phone and PC.
In the Samsung Galaxy Note10, Microsoft worked with Samsung to integrate the Link to Windows button in the quick panel.
Watch Samsung Galaxy Note10 demo
Later this year Microsoft will be introducing the ability to “make and receive mobile calls directly from your PC for all users. You will be able to accept the call, reply with a text or send the caller to voicemail.
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021
- My ambition is to help adopt and accelerate Kenya’s digital transformation agenda – Kendi Nderitu
- Wentors, Microsoft to provide mentorship and training to 1,000 women in tech