Samsung held its Galaxy Unpacked 2019 event yesterday. Unveiling new mobile computing devices and experiences for its customers. Shilpa Ranganathan, Microsoft CVP Mobile and Cross Device Experiences joined Samsung Director of Product Strategy & Marketing Mobile Computing Hassan Anjum on stage. Talking about a unifying PC to mobile experience and the future of productivity using Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+.
Shilpa said Microsoft is excited to come together with Samsung to “innovate in hardware, software and services. We will meet you where you are“, highlighting how distracting and counterproductive switching between devices is. For Samsung it is about seamlessly integrating key services to unify consumer experiences.
Using Your Phone app in Windows 10, Shilpa Ranganathan demoed Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ specific features. Your phone app on Windows works with any android and iOS device. Allowing you to access contents of your phone straight from the PC. Making your phone’s screen available to you on your PC, so you wouldn’t need to keep switching between your phone and PC.
In the Samsung Galaxy Note10, Microsoft worked with Samsung to integrate the Link to Windows button in the quick panel.
Watch Samsung Galaxy Note10 demo
Later this year Microsoft will be introducing the ability to “make and receive mobile calls directly from your PC for all users. You will be able to accept the call, reply with a text or send the caller to voicemail.
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance
- 13 startups join the Microsoft Scale-up Accelerator program
- 2022 Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge winners
- TECNO Spark 9 Pro to bring new premium experience