Are you a developer, creator, innovator or more specifically game maker? Participate in the Microsoft Dream Build and Play 2017 Challenge and you could win more than $200,000 in prizes.
Build Dream Play challenge is an indie game development contest which is open to all developers. You can either work alone or in a group of seven team members. There are four game categories. It doesn’t matter what tech you use in the development process. What matter is publishing your games as a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) game. The challenge is powered by Windows, Azure and Xbox.
Challenge is pushing game makers to maximize their creativity and create experiences that engage gamers from across the world.
Dream Build Play categories and Prize amounts;
- Cloud-powered game – Grand Prize: $100,000 USD
- PC game – Grand Prize: $50,000 USD
- Mixed Reality game – Grand Prize: $50,000 USD
- Console game – Grand Prize: $25,000 USD
There’s also another feature prize of $5,000 USD. The Developer Diary Contest, if you document and share your game building journey.
The contest is already opened. Here are some key dates to note:
- June 27: Competition opens for registration
- August 2: Team formation and game submission period opens
- December 31: Game submission period closes
- January 2018: Finalists announced
- March 2018: Winners awarded
What’s more? You can search the Dream Build Play community and engage with innovators and game makers from across the globe.
If you have no development skills but what to use this opportunity to start. Get started with UWP game development Game Development Guide.