Microsoft is hosting an Event in Shanghai, China May 23rd 2017. It’s not yet clear as Microsoft hasn’t shed any light on what’ll be happening but rumors are saying a lot of stuff.
We’ll bring you all the updates from the event. The Microsoft event in Shanghai, China coming up later today at these times 11 AM GMT, 4 AM PT, 7 AM ET, 9 PM AEST, 1 PM SAST, 12 PM WAT, 12 PM
EVENT UPDATE ! …..
Microsoft’s Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group Terry Myerson started the keynote after being introduced by the CEO Microsoft China region.
We are here today to celebrate creativity and innovation in China and around the world. Together with our partners we are inspiring a generation of creators to do more, create more, be more productive, and have more fun. – Terry Myerson
Main takeaways from the event include;
- Introduction of Windows 10 China Government Edition – With strong support of CETC and CMIT, our joint venture has now developed Windows 10 China Government Edition for China government customers and Lenovo will be one of the first OEM partners to preinstall Windows 10 China Government Edition.
- Announced the Surface Pro laptop
- Introduced a new Surface Digital Pen
- Microsoft HoloLens gets launched and goes commercial in China
- Xbox Project Scorpio will launch in China later this year
- Microsoft Surface Book and Surface Laptop on sale in China region as well. At this event Microsoft is bringing already on the market Surface studio and Surface laptop to the Chinese market. Pre-order begins May 23rd and arrives on the 15th of June 2017.
- Microsoft Whiteboard app
Meet the Surface Pro latest Microsoft Surface Pro range device.
— Microsoft Surface (@surface) May 23, 2017
For gamers in China, the there’ll be a Forza racing competition in July you can look forward to. Also new betas for Windows 10 and Xbox Minecraft China testers.
Next season of Forza Racing Championship, the most inclusive racing competition in gaming, is coming to ChinaJoy in Shanghai this summer.
Microsoft Whiteboard app is a collaborative whiteboard experience being privately previewed on the Surface Hub. But with this announcement it’ll be making it’s way to Windows 10 soon.
— MS Office News (@OfficeNews) May 23, 2017
We showed future inking innovation coming first to the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Windows 10, such as collaborative inking, geometry recognition, table conversion and automatic table shading. Our vision is to bring it to more Windows 10 devices later this year with exclusive capabilities for Office 365 subscribers. This will help you iterate on ideas together with others regardless of the device you’re on.
What were you most excited about from the Microsoft event in Shanghai, China. Share with us in the comments.