Microsoft Edge is the official browser that comes pre-installed in Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile operating system. It’s also the browser that officially replaced Internet Explorer (still available in windows 10).
WhatsApp Web was introduced sometime in January 2015 as a web client that mirrors a persons chat account from your phone to your personal computer. This was introduced to provide a richer communication experience to users of WhatsApp. WhatsApp Web isn’t a different chat account or platform. It’s the same WhatsApp account setup on your phone that gets synchronized and mirrored to the PC, so you have the same information.
But up until now it wasn’t usable on Microsoft Edge browsers and still doesn’t support any Internet Explorer version.
How do you go about this?
Minimum requirements to enjoy WhatsApp Web
- You need to have an active WhatsApp account on your phone.
- You need to have a stable internet connection on both your phone and your computer.
- You need to use the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari as your web browser on your computer.
Once you meet the browser specifications;
To get started with WhatsApp Web
- Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- On Windows Phone: under Chats go to Menu > WhatsApp Web.
- On Android: in the Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web.
- On iPhone: go to Settings > WhatsApp Web.
- On BlackBerry: go to Chats > Menu > WhatsApp Web. (On BlackBerry 10: Swipe down from top of the screen )
- Scan the QR Code on your computer screen from your phone with your camera.
Is this an added bonus to you?, because honestly I’ve been looking forward to this as I’ve decided to try out only Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on a PC as only browsers. There have been some limitations as expected but with more extensions expected to be available in the next major Update aka “RedStone”, I guess I wouldn’t have much to worry about.
With WhatsApp being used by people in doing several things like sharing vital information during natural disasters or health emergencies, finding a date, growing a small business, buying an engagement ring, or seeking a better life etc. it comes in handy.