Microsoft South Africa had a party to celebrate the arrival of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. They made time to also share on some new features of the update.
Microsoft released the anniversary Update of Windows 10 on August 2nd. All around the world there were different activities to mark it’s arrival. From Windows Insider meetings to developer hackathons. Microsoft Team in South Africa held a cocktail party style with some Tech Media invited guests. Something similar to the bloggers meetup held by Microsoft Nigeria.
— Microsoft SA (@MicrosoftSA) August 2, 2016
Here are some of the things shared from the event about the Anniversary Update;
- The future of Windows10 is all about the unification of Microsoft services and devices. A single Operating system, User Interface and Store.
- More personal and more secured.
- Microsoft is building a better operating system using your feedback via the Windows Insiders program.
- Over 5000 tweaks were made to improve Windows 10 via feedback from the Windows Insiders program.
- Windows 10 users can upgrade from Windows10 Home to the Pro version via the Windows store.
Anniversary #Win10SA updates include – additional security, Windows Ink, more games, Microsoft Edge
— Tanya Kovarsky (@TanyaKovarsky) August 2, 2016
- Improved virtual desktops and snapping features. Great for multitasking. Windows10 can snap functionality up to 4 quadrants.
- Windows Hello allows the use of biometric devices to enhance and secure the environment. Example log in via a retina scan or finger print reader.
- Extensions are coming to Microsoft Edge with the Anniversary Update.
- Write a sticky on your screen with your device pen and it will be saved to your sticky notes.
— Hans Haupt (@HansHaupt) August 2, 2016
Check out the conversation via the hashtag #Win10SA on social media platforms.